The perfect meal fix, Thai Salad with mangoes and crunchy peanut dressing is as delicious as it is healthy.
Hey guys, today I’m sharing one of my all-time favourite salads. If you are bored of the green salad and craving something refreshing and light, you are in the right place. This simple Thai mango salad is not only vibrant but also an explosion of fresh flavours, with a crunchy texture of peanuts as well as juicy mango that takes it to another level. A Thai salad is great on its own, or as an accompaniment to the main dish. Thai cuisine is well-known for including ingredients to excite the palate by combining sweet, salty, spicy, tangy and sour in a single dish.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1/2 a cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cabbage( I have used both red and green)
- 1/2 a cup pomegranate
- 1 cup ripe mangoes
- 1 cup bell peppers(yellow/red)
- 1/2 cup boiled corn kernels
- A handful of roasted peanuts or cashews
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- In a large serving bowl or a serving plate, combine all the ingredients of the salad.
- For the creamy peanut dressing, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, honey, and grated ginger in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour creamy peanut dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately with extra roasted peanuts or cashews on top.
|Amount Per 100 g|
|Calories||90.71 Kcal (380 kJ)|
|Calories from fat||36.94 Kcal|