As delicious as it looks, this Thai quinoa salad is not only a healthy, hearty and colourful salad but also a definite crowd-pleaser! If there is one thing that one loves on a busy weekday is having an easy healthy meal that is on the table in under 30 minutes. This easy Thai quinoa salad combines protein-rich grains with nutrients from fresh veggies; the crunchy vegetables and soft, fluffy quinoa give this salad the yummiest textures and flavour. Quinoa is one of the best go-to ingredients to use in a healthy meal. It is easy to cook; gluten-free, high in protein and fibre and also has a ton of nutritional benefits.
THAI QUINOA SALAD
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup grated carrot & beetroot
- 1/2 a cup of thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- raisins & peanuts for garnish
- orange slices
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- The first step of this recipe is to make the quinoa so that it has a chance to cool.
- Cook the quinoa in about two cups of water in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and later reduce the heat to low and simmer it, until the water is completely absorbed.
- For the dressing, add peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 20 seconds. Add honey, soy sauce, lime juice and olive oil to the peanut butter and stir it until soft and creamy,
- Add the cooked quinoa, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, sliced onion, and lettuce in a serving bowl. Toss the ingredients and pour in the peanut dressing. Add a pinch of salt, toss it again and adjust the dressing as per your liking.
- Transfer the salad to the serving bowl and garnish with roasted peanuts, raisins and peeled orange slices.
- Enjoy your salad!
- Make sure the quinoa is cooled off before mixing it with vegetables.
- If you want to make this recipe for meal prep, store the salad and the dressing separately and mix them later for maximum freshness.
- If you are allergic to nuts, you can swap the peanut butter listed in the recipe for sunflower butter.
Servings Per Recipe: 3
Serving Size: 1 serving
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||39.0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.6 g|